Sunday, June 5, 2011

Siren's Eye

Well, I'm back after a very long hiatus, sorry for not keeping up for several weeks. But, let's continue like nothing ever happened :)

So, today I'm hanging out on the patio of Starbucks, doing some work and drinking a 'Venti Unsweetened Green Iced Tea'. And Tom (the manager) Apparently really enjoyed writing my name on the cup as you can see in the picture. 


I don't know if you've noticed yet, but Starbucks has made some subtile changes to their logo and branding. For instance. The world renown Sirens that is Starbucks' logo, has changed ever so slightly, by taking her out of her ring. But, what boggles me to this day is why they used sirens as their logo. 


Howard S., the CEO of Starbucks wrote an article on his choice of using Siren as his logo and he sums it up to "...a seductive mystery mixed with a nautical theme that was exactly what we were looking for."


See, I get that they wanted to use a 16th-century Norse woodcut of a twin-tailed Mermaid, because she was seductive and desirable, just as Starbucks wants to be.


But from what I remember in the mythology, is she would seduce and kill men.


I don't kind of makes me wonder.......


Anyway, my drink......  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment